When is my child too sick to come to school?
The child/youth should stay home if he/she:
- Has had a fever of 100 degrees or more, and should remain at home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal without medication to keep the temperature down.
- Has vomited or has had diarrhea.
- Has a persistent cough.
- Has a generalized rash without physician’s diagnosis.
- Has open or draining skin sores.
- Has inflamed or draining eyes or ears.
- Has conjunctivitis/pink eye should remain home until on a RX for > 24 hrs or no drainage.
- Has strep, should remain home until on RX for > 24 hrs.
- Has head lice-See head lice policy.
Any other questions please call your schools health office, our district nurse Laurie Kodet RN 507-333-6104